Monday, July 26, 2010

living with a boy


Moving to Florida was a big step. few years I have lived on my own in a very girly apartment in DC. My kitchen had pictures of cupcakes and a hot pink candelabra in it. My bedroom had a pink wall with a framed picture of the fabulous old movie with Doris Day, Pillow Talk. I had framed photos of girlfriends and family all over the place. Handbags, shoes and well....stuff took over my apartment. My bathtub was line with girly products that I would use, well once and awhile. I had a few of my collectible Barbies in my bedroom.
Well I guess what I am going towards is wow, life has changed.

I am lucky to have a boyfriend who is totally fine with me hanging up what I want and decorating the house how I wish. However, I still have this thought in my head that I can not go around decorating the place pink all over with a little sparkle here and there and pictures of Paris all over. Last week I almost finished the guest room and was pretty happy. I feel like it is a great compromise of boy & girl. Thoughts?

My side of the bedroom. My nightstand makes me feel like its home now. Beau's side, well I think he has a water glass and a light. Hey, its a start:)

I think I am going to bring this picture to work. I LOVE IT. However, is this OK for me to hang in our small house? I don't know. Where would I place it? The whole thing is about being a girl.
And all of my cupcake prints. What to do with these????
So here is the new bedroom! I am LOVING my black wall. Every night I say I am going to sleep in here and try out the new room. Maybe tonight? I love it.


There is so much more to do but it is coming along! I will keep you posted on the house changes. As everybody says, one day at a time!

xoxo~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment