Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cookies and Cocktails

A few years ago I had the idea of opening up my own little bakery. The concept would be a place where you could pair your cupcake with a cocktail. While I still have that dream some day, right now I'm OK with baking for fun and pairing them myself. Maybe some day that dream will come true.
Inspired by the some day bakery, I am starting a new series called "Cookies and Cocktails". I thought that baking cookies would be something I could have around the house all week without feeling so guilty of having a whole dozen cupcakes staring at me. I always love a little cookie with a cup of coffee, so it was a good excuse.
Week One: Rosemary Butter Lemon Cornmeal Cookies and a Citrus Wine Spritzer
I used the cookie recipe from Martha here. To switch it up a little I replaced one cup of all purpose flour with one cup of cornmeal and I added a little lemon zest.
I had the cookies and cocktails in the backyard by the pool and thought what better way to pair them with then a refreshing wine spritzer. I used the recipe from Food Network as a guide but I used citrus flavored Pellegrino instead of seltzer.
Both are refreshing and light and will make you excited for the sunny Spring days ahead. We have had Spring like weather for a few months here in Florida but there is still a part of me that is excited to say it's Spring! Enjoy.
xoxo~Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment