Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lemon Tarts


This year I wasn't able to make it home to my parents ho
use for Easter. Today my bestie from 2nd grade Besse invited me out on her boat for an Easter Sunday trip around the Cherry Blossoms. My assignment....dessert. I browsed through many cookbooks and ended up on my old staple, Martha.
{Start out with Martha's lemon tart recipe but use the mini tartlet instructions.}


{I decided to make lemon tartlets. A pretty apron is a must in the kitchen. My apron flairs out like a little dress. You feel cute baking!}


{Start out making the Pate Brisse recipe. Aren't these the cutest measuring cups! I love this set from Nigella Lawson. Thanks Bran!}


{The mini tarts ready to go in the oven. Watch them closely, about 10 minutes and they are done.}


{While the tarts are cooling whip up homemade Lemon Curd. Yum Yum Yum. Eggs, Lemon Juice, Sugar, Butter, beat beat beat. Once the Lemon Curd begins to get thick, remove it from the heat and let it cool.}


{I could eat this whole bowl of lemon yumminess. Doesn't it look pretty in my Gramie's old bowl.}


{Pour the batter into the shells. Bake for 10 minutes and top with a raspberry. Here is my finished product. We enjoyed them on the boat. There was not a crumb left.}

{A beautiful view from the boat of pink cherry blossoms galore. A beautiful day.}

xoxo~Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment