Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving for Two

This year it was just Beau and I for Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving for two. It definitely was not the same without a loud house full of family, but that being said, it was still so nice. This was mine and Beau's first Thanksgiving Day in Florida, I decided to still make it a big one. A nice relaxing day at home with a big Thanksgiving Day feast! It was pretty difficult cutting the recipes into smaller servings, however, I still made a 10 pound turkey for two!

The day started with a Breakfast Feast.

Fresh Coffee with these adorable napkins made by fabulous sister Charity at Chartreuse.

I made these baked eggs I had read about here. You use sliced bread, bacon and eggs. Such a cute way to serve all of the yummy components in one.

Freshly squeezed grapefruit juice! I've been eating these all week from a box in our office, so fresh and citrus season in Florida is just starting, yay!

For dinner it was simple table setting for two.

My glittered pumpkins I made earlier in the week added a little bling to the table, mixed with modern candlesticks by my dad, bundles of wheat and a few antique votives.

A little Beaujolais Nouveau to accompany the meal was perfect.

The day was topped off with a short Skype session to my parents and my 86 year old Gramie who was amazed at it. It was almost like we were together, but not...I'm looking forward to Christmas! But I have to say, it was a really nice day. I am thankful! I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving and all that we have to be thankful for!

xoxo~Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment