Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Soirees - Mariana & Blake's Welcome Party




So if there is one thing that gets me so excited, it's a soiree! A party, an event, a celebration, a wedding, an extravagant affair, a dinner party, any and all of them. I decided since recently I have been in a current rut with my day job (I am in the business but dream of bigger and better) and the big job hunt, I would start a weekly post my party dreams. Sunday Soirees is my posting of party ideas, dinner parties I wish I could plan, inspirations for others.

This week I put together an inspiration board for my friend Mariana's Mexican wedding welcome party. Mariana is a great DC friend of mine. She is getting married on the Mexican Riviera Maya in February. She is planning a welcome party the first evening and had mentioned a traditional Mexican theme, how fun! I saw these Papel Picado banners in Martha Stewart Wedding this season and I think they are a MUST for her. I love the idea of the new "little white dresses" for the bride with a bright pink lipstick. Mini tacos and mini margaritas, lots of candles, bright flowers and a mariachi band. More ideas to come for the beautiful reception at the resort. It is going to be an amazing weekend for the couple, for their friends and family. How fun, a Mexican wedding fiesta!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment