Monday, August 10, 2009

Lill





SO I have a thing with bags. Designer bags, paper shopping bags, duffle bags, gym bags, evening bags, you get it. A few years ago at my friend Jenn's bachelorette party her sister had a "Lill" party. I thought, fabric bags..hmmmm. Well, I made two that day and have made many more since.

1154 Lill Studio was started back in 1999 when the founder needed a creative outlet and a reason to start sewing more. She started making them in her small Chicago apartment and from there sold them at markets, opened a small store, created the at home party idea and now it's 10 years later. You don't have to live in Chicago to get a Lill, you can have an at home party! I have hosted two and been to multiple. It's pretty simple: Book a Party, get some wine (ok well that's what I do!), Lill rep comes to you with a sample of every style bag and a box of the latest fabrics, guests arrive, Lill rep explains what fabrics you can use for what purse, guests are able to design their own bag, order, 2 weeks later a new one of a kind bag arrives in the mail. FUN!

At first I was skeptical about the fabric bag, but honestly, I love them. It is something different and fun. The Brianna is my newest bag (all of the bags are named after employees, employees children or friends). I just my newest bag this weekend and am loving it! I LOVE the cosmetic bags as well. The Christie is the best! The Grace (yep, have it too) is a bestseller and one of my favs! I have received a couple as bridesmaid gifts and given a couple as Christmas gifts.

It is a fun Sunday afternoon get together or Friday night wine night. I always say I have enough Lills, but some how I always seem to walk away with one. The Paula is what I have my eye on next! This year is their 10th year anniversary. It's fun, celebrate, make a new bag!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment