Monday, October 26, 2009

R&R for the week


I have had a pretty busy week this past week! Sorry I've been slow on postings. Last week I worked around the clock and had plans after work. On Friday I jumped on the train to Boston for 8 hours for Jenn's baby shower. It was a wonderful pink party! I'll post pics tomorrow. Now I'm back in D.C. and realizing that this week must be filled with R&R, rest and relaxing. Yes, I have to work, do laundry and a few small runs, but all in all I need to take care of myself and relax before the big run!

6 days from now me and about 300,000 other people will crawl out of bed at 5am to get to Staten Island and get in line for the New York City marathon. My knee is a little sore, I'm exhausted, but all in all, I know I can do it! Here are a few things I'm doing to prepare:

1. H20 - I am forcing myself to consume lots and lots of water all week. NO soda! Water.
2. Sleep - my goal is 8 to 9 hours a night this week. Wish me luck.
3. Ice - My knee aches in the middle of the day. I need to find time to lay on the couch and ice it daily.
4. Stretch - I woke up this morning and did some sun salutations. First thing in the a.m. and last thing in the p.m.
5. Flats - NO HEELS. I made a vow, only flat shoes until Sunday!
6. bye bye Halloween treats - I overindulged in sweets this weekend. Candy buffet, cupcakes, sugar sugar. No more Halloween treats for me. All natural.

Wish me luck!!!! Today you can sign up on the New York Marathon website to follow me. My bib number is 56163. Go to http://www.nycmarathon.org/ at noon and sign up for Athlete Alert.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment